Currently I’m studying #coaching. Coaching is all about goals. One of the first things we should do is define which goals we want to pursue. A good action plan to achieve a goal should have 4 things:
- the declaration of the goal as a result
- the roamap to achieve that result as short to medium goals distributed in time
- metrics to indicate conclusion or progress on the roadmap
- indication of resources used, consequences, risks and losses on the way to the goal
So I started asking myself if a kanban board could be used to express visually this action plan. Why?
- to visualize your commitments
- to see your diverts and be empowered to change
- to be more realistic with your goals by seeing time, actions expressed as verbs
- and to see a purpose and flow in your daily actions
I’m thinking about creating a board that could show the action plan to achieve my goals. It should have:
- the declaration of the goal as a result presented by a SENTENCE or IMAGE
- the roamap as STICKIES on the board, distributed in columns; but how to indicate time?
- metrics to indicate conclusion or progress on the roadmap; the DEFINITION of DONE to the stickies
- indication of resources used, consequences, risks and losses on the way to the goal; any clues on this?
I still dont have some answers to this thinking, so I’m sharing in the blogosphere hoping to build this idea together. I promise to post my progress here.